What is Cardiac Rehabilitation?
An individualized and personalized treatment plan including evaluation and instruction on physical activity, nutrition, stress management, and other health related areas.
An important part of the treatment of your specific heart problem. If you have one of the following diagnoses you may be eligible to participate:
- Heart Attack
- Coronary artery angioplasty or stents
- open heart surgery such as coronary bypass or valve surgery
- Heart Failure
- Heart transplantation
- Hypertensive patients
- Patients with hypercholesterolemia
- Senior citizens.
Recent scientific studies have shown that people who complete a cardiac rehabilitation program can increase their life expectancy by up to five years.
Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation:
-Live longer and lessen your chances for another heart attack.
-Control heart disease symptoms such as chest pain or shortness of breath.
-Stop or reverse damage to your blood vessels in your heart.
-Improve your stamina, strength, getting you back to your usual work, hobbies, and regular exercise.
-Improve your confidence and well-being.
What our Cardiac Rehabilitation Program entails?
- Assessment of your personal risk factors for heart and blood vessel disease.
- Education and support to make healthy lifestyle changes.
- Assemble a personalized exercise plan that works for you.
- Monitoring and better control of blood pressure, cholesterol and sugar levels.
- Stress assessment
- Improved communication with your doctor and other healthcare providers about your progress following your cardiac event